Monday, July 9, 2007

A confession....and excitement!

Less than a month before school starts! My friend, Gayle, and I went to Walmart last night because we needed something to do while the boys played their video game (for those of you who do not know, we are NOT talking about the kids here, we ARE talking about the hubbies!) So I needed some thread for my current cross stitch project and it seemed like as good of an excuse as any to escape and buzz through Starbucks before we dropped by Walmart. While contentedly sipping our lattes, we spied the school supplies, freshly stocked on the shelves. Here is where my confession comes in…I am an office supply junkie. I love pens, pencils, sticky notes, paper clips…whew! I could go on and on. This addiction extends to school supplies, too. I have been known to sniff fresh, new crayons or stand for five minutes debating liquid glue versus glue sticks. When I saw that 24 count Crayola crayons were 20 cents per box, we had to snag a shopping cart! Needless to say, I stocked up on few things and am more excited than ever about school starting.

I have almost all my textbooks and workbooks in. I love getting everything in order. I am currently working on lesson plans and getting the schoolroom in order. It has been kind of the dumping ground this summer. I have my work cut out for me this week! The danger in this is that I tend to neglect other things while I am focusing on the fun stuff. So, the housework and cooking department becomes really tedious and boring. I have to make myself get the day to day chores out of the way first, then I can focus on school planning and organizing.

I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me the opportunity to homeschool. It is never something I ever thought I would be doing. But it is truly the hardest, challenging, most REWARDING thing I have ever done. Praise God for allowing me this chance!

No comments: